Thursday, April 6, 2017

Bloodchild

1.  That was interesting ride. I was trying to decode what was going on from the beginning. Are Terrans humans or something else? Are we still on earth? Is this going where I think it's going? There were a lot of alien concept though at you quickly.  I like a lot of stuff like this, an interaction between aliens and humans. Sort of an after invasion or after first contact sort of story. This story does a good job at establishing the history and culture of world, while still allowing some questions. I thought it was interesting.

2. I have sort of getting an alien dystopian feelings from the opening pretty strongly. The sort of distorted family united and the rules and relations started to give it away pretty quickly.  I had a hard to times placing or imagining what T'Gatoi looked like though. The story sort of blends this sort of dystopian feeling with usual alien scifi feelings.

3. I think it would dark could still be easily adapted into a film.  Using the time to development and show character relationships while also telling a complete story. Film could really sell the locations and create an otherworldly feeling using lighting and composition and color work to really create a mood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment