Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Futility of trying to replace Harry Potter


Now I'm a fan of Harry Potter, it's hard to find someone who isn't.  I wasn't a crazy fan as child, I didn't read the first few books till middle school, and I didn't read the last few books till high school. So I was late to party as usual.  So I bonded with it in a strange way.

Now, trying to read another and new youth fantasy books I've always had a hard time getting into them.  I'm not sure why but I have not found a books series that captured that same light.  I often don't enjoy young adult book because they usually have too much "adult" for me.  I tend to like my fantasy to be more about fun then trying to get to that edge they think 13-17 will enjoy. Again this may be 100% on me. I've almost felt like everything is trying to recapture what happened with Harry Potter, which I think it's impossible. I think it'll only happen once and can't be replaced in the way people want it too. You can't recapture lighting in a bottle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment